Medina Girls



Seeing these girls again was one of the best days of my life! Sometimes you just don't know how much you miss someone until you see them again and wrap your arms around their necks. (Okay, so mostly it was around their torsos since I can't reach most of their necks.) It felt so good to see these women with whom I share so much history.

Going home was supposed to be a mini-reunion of sorts. Unfortunately I didn't get to see everyone I had hoped to see. This year is my 20 year class reunion. I missed my 10 year because my brother got married the same weekend. I didn't really think I'd be able to manage going home in July for the reunion after being home for the holidays, but after having just a small taste of these girls' friendship again, I really hope I can make that work too. I'm dying to catch up with them again and see all the people I missed on my winter trip.

Funny thing is, none of these girls has changed. My mom used to say that when I was a kid. She'd get together for her class reunion every five years and talked about how none of her friends had changed. I thought that sounded ridiculous. Of course they've changed in five years, ten years, fifteen, etc. But now I know what she means. It's been 20 years since I've been home and I recognized every one of these girls. I only wonder if I still look the same to them?

I had to laugh because my friend Kara said she always thought of me as Peppermint Patty. Not just my red hair and freckles, but she said I was kind of bossy to my little brother, whose name is Charlie, just like Charlie Brown. Moi? Bossy? I think she remembers a different person. I much prefer to think of myself as the Little Red-Haired Girl.

1 Response to "Medina Girls"

  1. Stacey Says:
    March 15, 2010 at 10:33 AM

    thank you for not sharing some of the informative conversations from the evening.....miss you much....love you more!

Post a Comment